Crypto and the Impact on Modern Financial Risk
Price: $995 Register now
Recommended that you register at least two weeks in advance.
- Course date:12/19/2019
- Course Duration: 1 Day
- Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: None
- Method: Live & Virtual
- Venue: MicroTek
- Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Category: Trading and Market Structure
- Certificate: Yes
- CPE Credits: 7 Course Code: 605
Crypto and Institutional Markets, Products, Derivatives & the Impact on Modern Financial Risk
Capital Markets will look very different in 2020 than they do today. Cryptocurrencies have changed finance and their impact is changing risk forever. Based on feedback from hedge funds, many have gloomily predicted a shrinking capital markets landscape, over-regulation and the fall of traditionally powerful financial capitals such as London and New York. However, we have a different vision for 2020 – one of a New Equilibrium. This New Equilibrium consists of: Cryptocurrencies, Technology, government intervention receding (as memories of the financial and sovereign debt crises fade), the traditional financial axis of power further solidifying their positions at the top, and the world seeking stability and predictability in the context of riskier and more uncertain geopolitical situations. In addition, much of the landscape where crypto & financial institutions operate will change significantly. This change will come from economic and government policies, from innovation, operational restructuring, technology, from smarter and more demanding clients, companies harnessing powerful data, and from continued growth of the shadow banking system.
How you will benefit
- Gain a profound understanding of what lies ahead of you in the rapidly changing Capital Markets driven by the cryptocurrency evolution.
- Understand other new technology that is impacting the markets and what FinTech offering is next to impact the market.
- Explore relevant risk factors of the financial markets that keep market participants up at night. Understand how to diagnose these risk factors in a volatile market.
- Participants will be better equipped to understand the unique dynamics and products of the markets. How various factors push and pull, affecting other areas of the market. How cryptocurrencies, regulation, automation, big data, machine learning, collateral management, and high-frequency trading have an impact on market conditions.
- Participants will address the Modern market structure, Cryptocurrency market structure, financial products of today and tomorrow, and how to diagnose risk.
Challenge #1: I don’t understand what is driving Cryptocurrencies in the market.
Participants will come away from this class understanding not only the market structure but the factors that are affecting technology in the market and what to expect in the future in terms of Cryptocurrencies, Products, Derivatives, and Risk. affecting our ecosystem.
Challenge #2: I don’t understand the new technology such as Big Data, blockchain, HFT, or cryptocurrency.
After attending our course participants will have a deep and profound understanding of the technology behind the crypto currency’s blockchain, applications, as well as the current dynamics of the cryptocurrency trading environment. Participants will also learn what to expect in the future with this revolutionary technology.
Challenge #3: I don’t have a clue on what is happening with the future of regulation. How has the market changed? Has it affected the technology we use?
Participants will not only understand market structure conditions but they will also understand market risk conditions that will affect the market going forward. Participants will have a profound understanding of the future of regulation, what it means to them in their business, and what to expect in terms of market conditions because of these changes.
Modern Market structure looking beyond 2020: The rise of alternative technology, marketplaces, and products such as exchange-traded derivatives, and cryptocurrencies.
- Exchanges, Clearinghouses, and Collateral
- Exchange-traded, Crypto Products, Derivatives & OTC derivative landscape
- Big Data, AI, and machine learning in trading, finance, and operations
HFT, Connectivity, & AI in Trading- Have we hit a wall? How competitors have reached critical mass
- Combating HFT? IEX launches HFT proof exchange, reviewing the offering and why it works and why it doesn’t matter anymore.
- Case Study: No more traders? How market leader JPM is automating almost their entire worldwide trading business – eventually
- Case Study: Hedge Fund Renaissance & Artificial Intelligence greatest success story in the Markets- How Renaissance’s Medallion Fund Became Finance’s Blackest Box
Big Data in the financial eco-system: Financial modeling, data governance, integration, NoSQL, batch and real-time computing and storage
- Infrastructure and technology
- New data sources
- Modern data analysis: Structured / Unstructured data and new models
Machine Learning Models: what is the best-fit use in your business?
- Supervised learning, Unsupervised learning models, Reinforcement learning, Deep learning
- Machine learning in analysis: Momentum and Mean Reversion, Sentiment Analysis, Asymmetric Trading Strategies
- Machines at war (trading): Non-Linear Multi-Factor Models, High-Frequency Trading, Advanced Machine Learning
Machine learning in finance – Opportunities and challenges
- Algo-Grading 101, Interpretation
- Data mining biases: overfitting, survivorship, and data-snooping
- Robust trading strategies: The future of machine learning in finance
Crypto-currency evolution, use cases, exploring hype vs. sustainability
- Crypto-currency trading, and the regulatory response
- Ethereum and SMART contracts: The winning model for settlement in the future.
- Case Study: Silk Road & Dread Pirate- the complete story- and how the illegal marketplace changed market and trading history
Exchanges, Clearinghouses, Market Share & Industry battles, and future winners
- Case Study: Quantile Technologies Ltd & compression. Reducing risk in the $600 trillion derivatives market.
- Case study: OpenDoor – tackling the illiquidity problem with bond trading
- Case Study: BitMEX, a cryptocurrency exchange changing market structure forever.
Blockchain and other game-changing Fintech offerings
- Blockchain live: ASX Ltd. processing equity transactions powered by Blockchain & Digital Asset Holdings
- Your sandbox or mine? A review of current offerings and initiatives from Axoni, Digital Asset Holdings, Symbiont, R3 and Chain
Case Study: AirSwap – The worlds first decentralized exchange utilizing Blockchain technology
Sol Steinberg is an OTC Markets Subject Matter Expert and specializes in Risk Management, OTC derivatives, Market structure, Collateral, Trade Lifecycle, Valuation, Financial Technology Systems, Strategic Development, and Monetization. Sol is the founding principle of his firm, OTC partners. OTC partners is a boutique value add firm that specializes in research, content, development. Before …
Continue reading Sol Steinberg