Introduction to Buy Side Securities Processing
Price: $995 Register now
Introduction to Post-Trade Processing
The investment business has undergone tremendous changes in the last twenty years, and there are no more rapid changes than in what happens after a trade is made. We will examine the investment business beginning when a trade is done, understanding who does what, and how this part of the business is changing. Finally, we will look at the keys to success in post-trade processing.
- What is the investment business?
- What are we including in the definition and what is outside?
- How has the definition changed over time?
- The various components of the investment industry
- What do the various entity types in the industry do?
- How do these entities interact once a trade is done?
- Active vs passive management
- How do these types interact?
- Investment management vehicles
- What kinds of vehicles do the various client types use?
- Types of investments and their post-trade flows
- Fixed Income-based
- Risks of investment management
- Types of risk
- Measurement and management
- Trends and future prognoses
- Long term trends
- Short term trends
- Critical questions
George Bollenbacher spent 20 years as a trader in the fixed income markets at such firms as Paine Webber, Chase Manhattan Bank and Donaldson, Lufkin and Jenrette. Then he spent ten years in the technology industry, at such firms as IBM and Unisys, designing systems for the trading industry. He holds a Patent Achievement Award …
Continue reading George Bollenbacher