Foreign Exchange Trade Lifecycle
This program introduces participants to the trade lifecycle for foreign exchange trades. Participants follow the sequence of activity that occurs “behind the scenes” on trade date once an FX trade is executed through the final exchange of currencies on settlement date.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how FX trades are executed among brokers, dealers, their customers and inter-dealer brokers.
- Identify the critical functional areas of a FX trade supported by the middle and back-office functions
- Identify services provided by CLS and SWIFT
- Distinguish types of operational risks related to FX trades that have a potential impact on the business entities and financial markets
- Examine specific post-execution processes related to FX trade lifecycle activity, including Nostro account management and reconciliation